Monday, September 24, 2007

Hey Anderson,

The poem below and the picture to the right are both from me...the picture is of one of the former Grads Dustyn Martincich.

The poem pertains to my mom who is unfortunately suffering from ALzheimers.

Grey Matter

We have stopped to behold
a chasm of spasmodic observance.

They witness silence nor ringing
An aural landscape, rain touching tongues

Speech will blister their skin
vision creates remnants

...Truth floating

Eyes closed looking upon a populace
Ears wide shut hearing a roar of silence

Halted, abrupt glittered with frowns
twisting to kiss an embrace

A succinct mouth, the pouting of ages
cerebral and hung low
draped sullen in disrepair

We arrive having traveled
without moving
folding space

The head jerks...awake
a pool of youth

Hunched age slumbers
Doors ajar
passed rooms with murmured melodies
hummed panting, the breaths of age

A crowded room of memories
a single window of love remains opens

I keep it open and she remembers
a breeze and she thanks me for it

A wave because I move
Away from where the pitch of time
holds her

My tears for one who I
protect from a dragon whose breath burns

And ages her wrinkled, toddling comrades
encircling her and taking her from me.

Wings flapping and blinding me, taking her.

I cannot see my only forever friend
she sees me forever.

My head buries her, my heart carries her.

"Sweetness...I know you not..."

"Of lightly heart I come to know my
forever friend no more"

I weep for she goes not the way for which
I compel her towards..."Here! Here! Follow Me!
I trumpet

To no avail she sees no shout
nor hears me blaze alight.

Limp is she as if in milk

We all stand erect charcoal figures

In mourning, whetted for pallet’s bored

Observing a feather fall

The last feather of grey

Madhaus

January 28, 2007

No comments: